Hey y'all.

Discussion about any topic, Alien-related or not, takes place in this forum.
Cohen, J
Gamemaster
Billet: None
Injuries: No injuries
Weapons: Unarmed
Designation: CommTech

Hey y'all.

Post by Cohen, J »

I know I don't post here much anymore, but I just popped in with something in mind. I'm currently in law school so time is very limited. I've got my own small tabletop gaming business in the works and I'm also a team captain/staff member for southern PA's airsoft association. Between this, trying to juggle a social life and studies, free time is nil. I'm also running two tabletop campaigns (one homebrew "PMC's take on zombies", and a story based on a Sora No Woto/Evangelion crossover).

Good to see you guys are still puttering along, though.

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone here for getting me into roleplaying. I found you guys back in about '04 or so, and have been playing a variety of tabletop/play by post RPG's since then. You guys were my first, however, and I won't forget that. Between the fairly inane and stupid stuff that happened at first (Pliskin, Graves, that skittles robot thing that was ALWAYS in character, etc), to some of the great moments (like Mission 2), I'll remember this place. I played here for around six years, which was my longest game ever. Thanks for all the good times, everyone; I'll try to pop in every now and then, and maybe I can actually get roleplaying again sometimes soon!
Omega Company Longtime Veteran (since 2005)

Everyone's Favorite Tranny She-male thing!
Radley, B. G.
Crawminator
Billet: 1st Section, 2nd Squad
Weapons: M56A2 Smartgun (3 Drums)
M4A3 Service Pistol (4 Mags)
Bowie Knife
Designation: Smartgunner

Re: Hey y'all.

Post by Radley, B. G. »

You better damn well do it. This place wouldn't be the same without the hesheit. And--though I really have no place saying this--you'll always have a home here. :D
Front of Helmet, Sticker of the Louisiana Flag
Back of Armor in White Gothic Lettering, Commodum Habistus Es
Right Shin Guard in Black Sharpie, Your Ass Here with an arrow pointing downward
On Smartgun in White Chalk,
TAKE TWO OF THESE AND CALL ME IN THE MORNING
Schiefer, T.R.
Weapons: M41A Pulse Rifle w/QD Suppressor
Colt 1911 A6 Pistol

Post by Schiefer, T.R. »

What did Graves do?
Cohen, J
Gamemaster
Billet: None
Weapons: Unarmed
Designation: CommTech

Post by Cohen, J »

Holy shit, are you actually Schiefer?! It's been forever!

AFAIK, there was a bunch of OOC drama bullshit between Graves and a few other folks. Time and being a satellite to the incidents in question have muddled my memory on the issue unfortunately.
Omega Company Longtime Veteran (since 2005)

Everyone's Favorite Tranny She-male thing!
Paxton, K
Global Moderator
Billet: Section Medic
1st Section, 1st Squad
Weapons: M41A2 Pulse Rifle (6)
M4A4 Side Arm (3)
Designation: Combat Medic

Post by Paxton, K »

Cohen, its good to see you again. Sounds like you have a lot on your plate. Good luck with Law school. My mom went through it twice, once here in the states once in Colombia so... i know the work load you'll be carrying. Whenever you get a chance to get in with the gang, you know you are always welcome.

KPax
Helmet written in sharpie: Audaces Fortuna Iuvat
Front of body armor: "Don't Fear the Reaper" with a stylized Grim Reaper beneath the words.
Back of armor: Unfinished Celtic knot.
Schiefer, T.R.
Colt 1911 A6 Pistol

Post by Schiefer, T.R. »

It is, it is. The one and only. Jer came to me, said he was trying to get the place back together, so, I said what the hey? I run out of things to do on the internet after half an hour anyways. After everyone had a stroke over our characters capping hostages, I split. When people let stuff spill out over in context role playing, I figured the game had gone to the dogs. But, the fire department has been quiet, work's retarded, and hockey is canceled. Now we just gotta... get this place pumpin' again.

Oh and... I can't say I'm shocked at hearing Greggo starting shit over this place. He's like that. Gotta love'em. But, in his defense, he wasn't too thrilled with being run out of the place because people couldn't keep things in context. He was pretty pissed off.

Kudos to Redds for keeping this place alive. I mean shoot, I remember coming on board back in... what? 2003? 2004? For Rings From Corona. Goddamn. Now that was a story and a half.
Redds, J. H.
Administrator
Billet: 1st Section, 1st Squad
Weapons: M41A2 Pulse Rifle (5 + 1)
M4A3 Pistol (4 + 1)
Designation: Commtech

Post by Redds, J. H. »

Oh, wow, it's Cohen. Welcome back.

Shit, man, I miss those days, too. :( Everything seemed so much better back then, when we were thriving. Hey, we had some good times while it lasted. Good to see you still around, and you're always welcome if you ever have the time. I think Jer actually wants to turn this into a freeform situation like his Solabren deal, so you might even be able to play a bit.

It's funny because we all gave you shit for playing a female character, and yet I'm playing one as I type this post.

Ah, how times change.

And I'd completely forgotten about the batshit skittles guy, thanks for reminding me.
the ghost of harko has possessed my washing machine please send help
Schiefer, T.R.
Colt 1911 A6 Pistol

Post by Schiefer, T.R. »

Break down a freeform situation style of playing for me, Joey Bones. I haven't role played since I popped a cap in my character's grape, so I'm seriously out of touch with the role playing scene.
Redds, J. H.
Administrator
Billet: 1st Section, 1st Squad
Weapons: M41A2 Pulse Rifle (5 + 1)
M4A3 Pistol (4 + 1)
Designation: Commtech

Post by Redds, J. H. »

I mean in contrast to what we've been doing, where the GMs control where the game goes and all the major events. They decide what missions we get assigned and what planets we go to, and the infantry are just there for the ride.

On the other hand, IIRC he's been talking about leaving all the forums open and letting players make their own threads and RP with whoever wants to join.
the ghost of harko has possessed my washing machine please send help
Schiefer, T.R.
Colt 1911 A6 Pistol

Post by Schiefer, T.R. »

What about deaths and wounds and the sorts? Still Godmodded or can players take their fates into their own hands?