Roster Call

Discussion about any topic, Alien-related or not, takes place in this forum.
JEDI44
Injuries: No injuries
Weapons: 1911 Pistol .45 Cal

Re: Roster Call

Post by JEDI44 »

New in town. Put in an APP. Trying to see if the board is live or dead on auto pilot. Anyone still use this RPG?
Radley, B. G.
Crawminator
Billet: 1st Section, 2nd Squad
Weapons: M56A2 Smartgun (3 Drums)
M4A3 Service Pistol (4 Mags)
Bowie Knife
Designation: Smartgunner

Post by Radley, B. G. »

Only when we see activity. Welcome to this cold, dead place.
Front of Helmet, Sticker of the Louisiana Flag
Back of Armor in White Gothic Lettering, Commodum Habistus Es
Right Shin Guard in Black Sharpie, Your Ass Here with an arrow pointing downward
On Smartgun in White Chalk,
TAKE TWO OF THESE AND CALL ME IN THE MORNING
JEDI44
Weapons: 1911 Pistol .45 Cal

Post by JEDI44 »

Well where did the site admin go? I see some activity in the boards and then late last year it dried up. Spring break is coming up... What's the deal. I would think this would be a hot area with the releaqse of Aliens: CM even if they did retcon some stuff and generally screw with the cannon.
Radley, B. G.
Crawminator
Billet: 1st Section, 2nd Squad
Weapons: M56A2 Smartgun (3 Drums)
M4A3 Service Pistol (4 Mags)
Bowie Knife
Designation: Smartgunner

Post by Radley, B. G. »

Redds and Jer... I have no idea where either of them went. Honestly, this place as been dead every since they tried moving the site, like, a year and a half ago. A few of us, like myself, keep coming back and hoping for that day where everything will be like it was when we all first joined...but that seems like a dream, now. Jer is facing home issues from what I remember and Redds has been working to make this place so awesome that I haven't seen anything from him in a while.
Front of Helmet, Sticker of the Louisiana Flag
Back of Armor in White Gothic Lettering, Commodum Habistus Es
Right Shin Guard in Black Sharpie, Your Ass Here with an arrow pointing downward
On Smartgun in White Chalk,
TAKE TWO OF THESE AND CALL ME IN THE MORNING
Redds, J. H.
Administrator
Billet: 1st Section, 1st Squad
Weapons: M41A2 Pulse Rifle (5 + 1)
M4A3 Pistol (4 + 1)
Designation: Commtech

Post by Redds, J. H. »

Oh, fuck... it's months since I've posted here and I am so sorry for up and disappearing on you guys. I've been distracted by life, school, other communities, dev work... shit. I'm really sorry for being completely gone this whole time.

Welcome aboard, Jedi, hey, Radley, howdy everyone else who's still hanging around. I don't know if anyone else still watches us.

Basically, here's the deal:

Most of the time I've been waiting on Jer/Arose; he was always the guy in charge after Nick Seiler left and we got our own site (and him and Paxton are contributing to keeping this one up). He's had a lot of real life issues to take care of and the skinny of it is he hasn't been here and I haven't felt comfortable running things in his absence.

Honestly by now I've given up hope on ever seeing Aliens active, much less as active as it was back in 2006-2010 before we lost the old website. We don't have enough players to really start anything, and there are too many people I wish were still with us — Cohen, Ivanov, Lockwood, Diaz, Reid, Covington, Parker, Radley, Wickham, Gethings, Carter, Graves, Schiefer, too many people who've disappeared. I fucking miss all of those guys like hell, and looking back on the golden days makes it very, very hard to want to push forward.

I'm an incompetent grand vizier, not a community leader -- for anyone who doesn't remember, I'm the same guy who, going on seven years ago now, started two different failed RPGs, the first of which I actually restarted three times. I'm not the one to revive this place. Jer's been gone, even if he were here he wouldn't be able to be the head honcho he was in the past, and I can't be his replacement. That's a lot of why I haven't been here.

Going forward, I'm willing to give it another shot, but... there're barely a half-dozen people who still know the site exists, I lost interest in the milsim aspect a long time ago, and I don't know if I have the chutzpah to bring this site back in any capacity.
Last edited by Redds, J. H. on Mar 20, 2013, 4:54 AM, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: cant spell at 5am
the ghost of harko has possessed my washing machine please send help
Cohen, J
Gamemaster
Billet: None
Weapons: Unarmed
Designation: CommTech

Post by Cohen, J »

Keep it up, Redds; you can do it! I miss this place, even as I move into finals and law school.
Omega Company Longtime Veteran (since 2005)

Everyone's Favorite Tranny She-male thing!
Redds, J. H.
Administrator
M4A3 Pistol (4 + 1)

Post by Redds, J. H. »

Shit, dude, good to see you. Law school... woof. Heavy stuff.

What do you guys want to do at this point?
Cohen, J
Gamemaster

Post by Cohen, J »

Well, when my finals get out, I could GM a short arc. I've come a long way since I helped Jer co-GM all those years back. I used to be President of my old school's Tabletop club, but then I became a grad student.

I ran Evangelion, Colonial Marines (funny enough), Mass Effect, D&D, my own Post-Apoc world, and Dark Heresy. Not to mention a few other anime-esque one-shots.

Unrelated; I just went through some cached archives of our old site. Good times, man. I miss you fuckers like you won't believe.

Redds, J. H.
Administrator
M4A3 Pistol (4 + 1)

Post by Redds, J. H. »

I miss uscmcrpg.net like you wouldn't believe. We lost so damn much when we lost that website -- honestly I think that's the point when the game died for good. So many people gone... well, shit, I'm lapsing into nostalgia mode.

If you want to GM something -- by all means, go ahead. Just lemme know what you want to do and I'll give you your own board to admin, and be advised you'd be pulling from a group of about 4 people.

And if anyone's interested, I've been talking with Radley about doing stuff in the chatroom. I've wanted to do real-time with you guys for a while but haven't gotten the chance.

hey cohen did you delete your facebook account or something
Cohen, J
Gamemaster

Post by Cohen, J »

4 people is just fine with me. I'll let you know when my finals let out.