AXOD The Movie?

Discussion about any topic, Alien-related or not, takes place in this forum.
Schiefer, T.R.
Injuries: No injuries
Weapons: M41A Pulse Rifle w/QD Suppressor
Colt 1911 A6 Pistol

AXOD The Movie?

Post by Schiefer, T.R. »

I've considered putting together an aggressive project that would result in a Colonial Marines stand alone film.

Prometheus, but, you know, with Marines. And no xeno's. No seriously. No bugs, not even a deacon style hint at bugs.

The story would actually be based off the Cygnus Minor mission, you know, loosely. I don't really know anyone who's animation skills are wizardly enough to successfully create the silicone-carbon based hybrid stone men. But the zombie work I can more than easily do. I found a site that does movie accurate armor and accessories. I'd say they're uh... well... reasonably priced but... I mean shit, to get 10 complete sets and all will cost roughly somewhere's in the 7-8 grand range. I've contacted the proprietor of the site, and he priced me there. Each complete set costs 950, and includes a pulse rifle.

So... acquisition of a producer will be in order. Someone to take care of some of the costuming at least. Location's aren't an issue, I based the planet off the quarry down the street from when I lived with my folks. My focus will be on the Marines themselves. It's the interaction of the Marines in the film that made it such a great flick.

It's not something I'd be trying to do awfully soon, but, I think it could go viral when complete. I got all the personnel I'd need behind the camera, so, really, what I'm looking at are the two projects Greg and I currently under taking to help fund this project. Just wanted to get input, what everyone thinks would be good, idea's to toss around, I mean most of the members here have taken part in some phase of the RPG.

http://www.spatcave.com/spatstore2.htm
Cohen, J
Gamemaster
Billet: None
Weapons: Unarmed
Designation: CommTech

Re: AXOD The Movie?

Post by Cohen, J »

Oh, Spatcave. I've looked at their stuff longingly for the last couple of years now.

I've got something coming today which might be relevant to your interests. Will post later.
Omega Company Longtime Veteran (since 2005)

Everyone's Favorite Tranny She-male thing!
Cohen, J
Gamemaster
Billet: None
Weapons: Unarmed
Designation: CommTech

Post by Cohen, J »

Double post ftl.

[url=http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d184/darkjedi908/397305_10151208330963699_827369507_n.jpg]Check this out![/url]

Yes, I am asian as fuck. And yes, orange tips = fail. But still...I've wanted a Pulse Rifle for 12 years and I finally have one!!!
Omega Company Longtime Veteran (since 2005)

Everyone's Favorite Tranny She-male thing!
Redds, J. H.
Administrator
Billet: 1st Section, 1st Squad
Weapons: M41A2 Pulse Rifle (5 + 1)
M4A3 Pistol (4 + 1)
Designation: Commtech

Post by Redds, J. H. »

Well, now we have someone to play Cpl. Reid, at least. :P

Sounds interesting, though. I can't help monetarily at the moment, being presently unemployed, but...
the ghost of harko has possessed my washing machine please send help
Schiefer, T.R.
Weapons: M41A Pulse Rifle w/QD Suppressor
Colt 1911 A6 Pistol

Post by Schiefer, T.R. »

That's alright, Joe, I am employed, and I can't even dream of dropping that kind of money. BUT, I do have someone who could, I've been trying to remake a project video I did for a friend of mine, and I've wanted to recreate it a little more professionally, with a goal in mind of showing it to a potentional producer to see if he'd secure me funds for future projects.