The Home Crew

Home of Omega Company, this Conestoga class troop transport steadily prowls through the stars.
Cohen, J
Gamemaster
Billet: None
Injuries: No injuries
Weapons: Unarmed
Designation: CommTech

The Home Crew

Post by Cohen, J »

GM

As Hoban nervously watched Redds staring at Abrams' cryo capsule, the console located close to the cryo tubes hummed. The wall monitor, which Cohen had instructed Kellser to contact them by, blinked, with a text message blinking on the ship's internal text communicator.

"All clear; report down to B-deck. We'll be needing backup" the message read.
Omega Company Longtime Veteran (since 2005)

Everyone's Favorite Tranny She-male thing!
Radley, B. G.
Crawminator
Billet: 1st Section, 2nd Squad
Weapons: M56A2 Smartgun (3 Drums)
M4A3 Service Pistol (4 Mags)
Bowie Knife
Designation: Smartgunner

Re: The Home Crew

Post by Radley, B. G. »

Private First Class Beaux Gabriel Radley's cyro popped. It was a louder sound than most, as if some of the coolant from the machine had leaked onto the gears. But, it moved and released the massive Cajun. Frigid air rushed over him and he lurched awake with a strangled cry. His eyes cleared and he saw Marines, his friends--family--rushing about and readying themselves for something. Something bad. His hearing returned from that rushing-blood sound in his ears, the ship's claxons seeping into his senses. He saw Marines moving around in a panicked motion as everyone geared up. Cohen was giving orders. Redds, that beautiful fucking fuck, was up and speaking with people. A lot of other cryotubes were open. What the hell was going on.

"Da Crawminatah's up, y'all!" Radley yelled as he jumped to his feet. He cursed loudly as his bare feet touched void-cold deck. "Jesus, where's mah damned slippers? I fuggin' left 'em right here!"

His bulk towered over most men. As a smartgunner, it wasn't a requirement that he was big and strong but it was a plus. In this panicked moment, he felt naked without his fatigues, armor, and weapon. ...A weapon! He had one in his locker. Radley rushed over to his personal cryo-locker and wrenched it open. Fatigues were there, sleeves already rolled up from however long ago they'd gotten undressed. On the upper-most shelf, his prized armament: an old and massive bowie knife, handle wood-worked and brass hilt polished and clean of blood. He dressed quickly, squeezing his tree-trunk arms through the rolled-too-high sleeves and buttoning up like the "proper" Marines he was.

Slipping on his boots, he plopped onto the benches and shouted, "Madam Cohen, what's goin' on?! I'mma li'l late fo' duh pa'ty!"
Front of Helmet, Sticker of the Louisiana Flag
Back of Armor in White Gothic Lettering, Commodum Habistus Es
Right Shin Guard in Black Sharpie, Your Ass Here with an arrow pointing downward
On Smartgun in White Chalk,
TAKE TWO OF THESE AND CALL ME IN THE MORNING
Redds, J. H.
Administrator
Billet: 1st Section, 1st Squad
Weapons: M41A2 Pulse Rifle (5 + 1)
M4A3 Pistol (4 + 1)
Designation: Commtech

Post by Redds, J. H. »

Joseph pulled his attention away from the still-frozen master gunnery sergeant and couldn’t help but grin as Radley came out — that was a face he hadn’t seen in what felt like forever. Sort of a reminder of better days. His sleep-addled memory wasn’t pulling together much of the huge man, but... hell. Another familiar face.

“We got hit,” he answered, heading down the bay to where Radley was pulling his boots on. “Got boarders in th’ hangar. Cryo ain’t cuttin’ out like it’s s’posed to, either — Cohen an’ me, we’re th’ only NCOs who’ve out yet. We need t’ git to th’ armory, an’ soon, ‘fore we lose th’ goddamn ship.”

He raised his voice a bit, glancing at Cohen. “Hear that, Cohen? We need t’ hit th’ armory, before they catch us with our trousers down!”
the ghost of harko has possessed my washing machine please send help
Cohen, J
Gamemaster

Post by Cohen, J »

(OOC: You just made me realize how much I miss this crew)

GM

"Looks like they've secured the Armory. That was pretty fast. Maybe we're just dealing with pirates?" Jenna mused hopefully, standing up and gesturing to the gathered Marines in the room. Thomas, Hoban, Redds, Radley, and herself; five so far. Slightly more than a full fireteam. At least it wasn't just her and Hoban; the two of them stood a high chance of being overwhelmed if confronted with a superior force. But with only two armaments to go around, things were still looking grim.

"You lazy Cajun! What, didja forget that they don't serve gumbo and throw beads 'at ya just for rolling out of your cryo tube?" Jenna snarked at the newly awakened Radley as he bounded over. If they could rig him up to his weapon, things would be a lot easier; a M56 gunner was always great to have backing you up. He was wielding a fairly impressive knife; it was better than harsh language at any rate.

"Alright, Marines. Sounds like our advance team has secured the Armory and needs us fast-like. We're gonna head down now. Who are our best shooters here?" she asked, gesturing for the other Marines to get moving onto the elevator.

Thomas, G.

Post by Thomas, G. »

"Da Crawminatah's up, y'all!" someone shouted from behind Thomas, and his head reeled around to see who it was. He vaguely recognized the hulking man, Radley was his last name, one of the smartgunners he remembered. He took notice of the heavy Cajun accent almost immediately and chuckled lightly. A Ragin' Cajun and an Okie not from Muskogee who sounded like he was from Bum Fuck Egypt, Thomas was really beginning to like the diversity of this crew. For as cool as it was in the cryo-room, Greg could feel small droplets of sweat beading up on his forehead. He was anxious, he thought to himself, ready to figure just what exactly was going on and who was boarding their ship. Just as he was getting comfortable in the cryo-room, Cohen gave the word.

"Alright, Marines. Sounds like our advance team has secured the Armory and needs us fast-like. We're gonna head down now. Who are our best shooters here?" she asked the group as they began to follow her to the elevator. The sound of their boots seemed to clang louder than usual as all five Marines moved. "I'm a pretty good shot." Thomas stated. "With Cajun Rambo over here, we might be able to leave those guns here."
Radley, B. G.
Crawminator
Bowie Knife

Post by Radley, B. G. »

Redds approached Radley, moving down the cryobay just as the Cajun finished lacing up. A grin lit up his familiar face. "Got boarders in th’ hangar. Cryo ain’t cuttin’ out like it’s s’posed to, either — Cohen an’ me, we’re th’ only NCOs who’ve out yet. We need t’ git to th’ armory, an’ soon, ‘fore we lose th’ goddamn ship.

"Fuckin' right we do," PFC Radley replied. Out of habit, Radley bloused up his trousers quickly--more dressed than any Marine would have been asked to be for this occasion. He was ready, though, to receive the armor he so missed. If he--and the other Marines--could armor and arm up, this could be a fair fight. All he had for now was his bowie knife strapped to his boot.

"Hear that, Cohen?" Redds continued, turning his attention to the other Corporal. "We need t’ hit th’ armory, before they catch us with our trousers down!"

Cohen replied: "Looks like they've secured the Armory. That was pretty fast. Maybe we're just dealing with pirates?" When she turned and look at Radley and she grinned. "You lazy Cajun! What, didja forget that they don't serve gumbo and throw beads 'at ya just for rolling out of your cryo tube?"

"What, Corporal? We missed Mardi Gras, 'gain? Fuckin' hell, man, whut kin'a outfit did Ah fuckin' join?"

Cohen didn't really reply; it was the severity of the situation and Radley was more than alright. If they lived through the combat, he was going to make her buy his first round of shots. "Alright, Marines," Corporal Cohen continued strongly, "Sounds like our advance team has secured the Armory and needs us fast-like. We're gonna head down now. Who are our best shooters here?"

"I'm a pretty good shot." Thomas inserted; his familiar face made Radley brighten a little more. All of these Marines, Marines that he'd served with for some time now, seemed so unfamiliar through a haze in his mind. But, he knew them--or thought he knew them, perhaps from another time. A darker time. "With Cajun Rambo over here, we might be able to leave those guns here."

"I ain't duh silent sort, but get me in dere face an' I'll make'm dead." Radley reached down and drew the massive, glinting blade. "Git me to dat armory 'n' I'll get'm deader."
Right Shin Guard in Black Sharpie, Your Ass Here with an arrow pointing downward
Hoban, W.
Veteran Member
Designation: 0621 Commtech

Post by Hoban, W. »

"I'm a pretty good shot, I hit something every time I pull the trigger." Hoban joked. He was, of course, not a terribly good shot, but as all bullets must eventually hit something, he wasn't necessarily a liar. But his real value came from his aptitude as a commtech, and there simply wasn't any sense in giving a gun to the guy who was going to need his hands free as soon as they took back the armory and got him some tools. Especially not if there were only enough firearms to arm half of the awakened marines.

The safest bet, in his mind, would be for him to hang near the back and stay low, trying not to get hit, and to get his hands on a hacking tool as soon as possible so that they could take back the ship that much easier. But he didn't have to say so, there were smarter people present, and Redds and Cohen were normally a step or three ahead of him. Any time in his life that he'd had a good idea, they'd had it first, or not even considered it because they had a better one.

Hell, if it weren't for them, he couldn't joke around so much. He may actually have to work.
Cohen, J
Gamemaster

Post by Cohen, J »

GM

"Well, ok then. Hoban, you're one of the more important folks on this team. Don't want to put you up front. Thomas, Redds, take whichever suits your fancy. Thomas, you'll be on point. They said they need backup soon-ish, so expect anything" Jenna stated after a moment of thought. Gesturing towards the elevator, Jenna and the remaining Marines boarded, heading down towards the forward dropship bays.

The next couple of seconds were tense, with the atmosphere thick inside of the elevator. The doors slid open slowly, revealing an empty row of lockers. Jenna smiled; everything appeared to be as they'd left it. Bounding up towards her own locker, Jenna surveyed her gear; armor, web gear, and shotgun were all still there. Ammunition was stored elsewhere, as expected, and her gear was devoid of other assorted munitions, as she expected everyone else's to be.

Moving next to the ammunition racks, Jenna punched her personal ID number into the keypad, expecting the ship to unlock the racks as usual. Nothing happened.

"What the fuck..." she grumbled, moving on next to the rows of Pulse Rifles and other ordinance. The charger indicators were blank. The electronics in all of their weapons were offline, rendering them useless. Even if they could get their ammunition, the uncharged M41A2's were no better than long sticks.

Whoever had boarded the Omaha was meticulous, she had to give them that.

Radley, B. G.
Crawminator
Bowie Knife

Post by Radley, B. G. »

The elevator doors slid open with an agonizing slowness. All of the Marines rushed out of them as they opened as soon as there was room for a body. It vaguely reminded Radley of Black Friday when he was a child, but instead of toys and electronics, there were electronic weapons. Cohen went for the ammunition lockers as Radley brushed past her straight for the M56 smartguns. He ripped on off of the weapons rack, and with the weapon in one hand, pounded to the battery packs. They were all dead.

"--th' fuck? Cohen! All duh batt'ries 're dead!"

Radley turned to find her staring at the M41A2's, all of their electronic panels offline.

"Shit."
Cohen, J
Gamemaster

Post by Cohen, J »

(OOC: I don't know the first thing about hacking. My description therefore is brief. Sue me).

"I'm seeing that, Radley. This isn't good, not at all."

Taking a deep breath, Jenna closed her eyes, trying to think. Rushing over to the forward Armory's terminal, Jenna paused for a moment only to grab her hacking tool from her pack. Hooking it up to the terminal, Jenna patiently waited for the tool to do its thing. After the terminal's root menu appeared, Jenna quickly pulled up a bay diagnostic on the weaponry equipment. The charging stations had been disabled when the ship had suffered an impact from something, most likely a micrometeorite. Access to the ammunition stations was restricted, but a local hack on the electronic lock could get it open.

"Hoban! You got your hacking tool? We can get the ammo open at least" Jenna asked. Sidearms were available, at least, and they had their armor. But the question was; where were Kellser and the synth?