Drifting

Home of Omega Company, this Conestoga class troop transport steadily prowls through the stars.
User avatar
Kellser, M.R.
Global Moderator
Posts: 44
Joined: Jun 26, 2011, 9:51 PM
Rank: Corporal
Status: Healthy
Billet: None
Injuries: No injuries
Weapons: Unarmed
Designation: Rifleman
Location: Rhode Island (formerly Mississippi)

Re: Drifting

Post by Kellser, M.R. » Jun 27, 2013, 7:21 PM

Kellser's idea seemed to work, as one of the two boarders came into his line of sight ordering his boot to come out of the corner. In the darkness of the cargo hold, Kellser was able to make out a bullpup carbine in the man's hands, and an atmo suit with a flak vest and webbing. From his position, Kellser felt confident he could put some rounds into him, but Corporal Cohen's doubts of the Marines' scavenged weapons' ability to punch through armor fluttered through his mind and gave him pause.

Then, the boarder's partner spoke up: “You are out of your jurisdiction here, Colonial Marines. You have violated an inter-colonial treaty by entering a no-fly zone. We are operating in accordance with inter-colonial treaties by boarding your ship to ensure that its contents do not pose a threat to Union assets in this region.”

Oh boy.

Kellser knew for a fact that the Omaha had been on a course for the Local Cluster as part of a patrol, which was about as far from "out of your jurisdiction" as a Colonial Marine could get, and the ship wouldn't have taken a course through non-U.A. territory... unless there'd been a malfunction of some kind.

So either these guys were full of bullshit -- maybe they were a high level pirate outfit trying to take a Colonial Marine ship and trick its contingent into giving up without a fight -- or the Omaha had legitimately crossed a border it wasn't supposed to for some unknown reason, setting up an inter-colonial political shit-storm in the process.

A political shit-storm that could only be made worse by bloodshed, especially if the blood spilled belonged to a security force that was simply doing its job and following procedures established by inter-colonial treaties. If what they said was true, capping this short grunt in the back and hoping Taggert could manage to take down his partner as well was the worst possible course of action.

But no matter how much common sense told him that going along with their orders to stand down was the best bet, he couldn't bring himself to do it. For one thing, it would leave the others in the cryo chamber without weapons, intel, or a clue as what the fuck happened to two of their guys. And he just couldn't shake the feeling that it would be the wrong thing to do. Maybe his English teacher's warnings of being brainwashed by aggressive bravado had had some weight to them, maybe it was a sixth sense trying to warn him, Matthew had no fucking clue.

While neither option was especially appealing, the fact was Kellser would have to pick one or the the other, especially when he heard Taggert move behind him and then identify himself to the boarders. He'd probably holstered his sidearm to do so, so it would be up to Kellser to initiate combat, if that's what he chose to do.

He didn't get to make the choice, though, as the senior boarder ordered the other man back, and the two left with promises of radioing in their findings.

When the door hissed closed, Kellser stood, peeked around the cargo container, and watched the door for a moment before moving to retrieve his boot. "This is bad," he said to Taggert as he took a knee to put it back on and tie it, keeping another crate between himself and the door the U.P.P. marines -- and he was all but convinced they genuinely were U.P.P. -- had left through just to be safe. "If we're really in restricted space, then we're sitting on a political powder keg."

He then stood and looked at moved to see the door to the next room. "We need to find an intercom, get in touch with the others and figure out how we're gonna handle this. Hopefully one of the officers or staff noncoms woke up."

((OOC: Sorry for the hold-up, brief RL distraction.))

User avatar
JEDI44
Posts: 16
Joined: Mar 12, 2013, 1:50 AM
Status: Healthy
Injuries: No injuries
Weapons: 1911 Pistol .45 Cal

Re: Drifting

Post by JEDI44 » Jun 28, 2013, 2:03 PM

:: Merric Stands watching the two UPP 'Soldiers' retreat until the door close behind them ::

:: Once the doors close Merric moves to the door controls and attempts to place the door in a lock down ::

:: He heads Keelser say as he ties his boot ::

" This is bad, If we're really in restricted space, then we're sitting on a political powder keg. We need to find an intercom, get in touch with the others and figure out how we're gonna handle this. Hopefully one of the officers or staff noncoms woke up."

:: Merric faces Kellser not bothering to take his weapon from the small of his back :: :: He switches back to his usual manner of speech ::We need to try and gain the position of advantage here. If we are off course and in their territory we now have more than boarders to worry with. "How many Nukes are on this vessel?"

Cohen, J
Gamemaster
Posts: 75
Joined: Jul 16, 2011, 11:40 AM
Rank: Corporal
Status: Healthy
Billet: None
Injuries: No injuries
Weapons: Unarmed
Designation: CommTech

Re: Drifting

Post by Cohen, J » Jun 28, 2013, 11:21 PM

GM

As the two discussed the ship's armaments and compliment of nuclear weapons (enough to give an average sized planet a wonderful thermonuclear fireworks show), local warning klaxons began to sound in the cargo bay.

"Attention. Fire in Cargo Hold. Atmosphere venting. All personnel evacuate immediately. Elevators disabled"

A loud hissing noise indicated that the atmosphere within the cargo hold was being vented.
Omega Company Longtime Veteran (since 2005)

Everyone's Favorite Tranny She-male thing!

User avatar
Kellser, M.R.
Global Moderator
Posts: 44
Joined: Jun 26, 2011, 9:51 PM
Rank: Corporal
Status: Healthy
Billet: None
Injuries: No injuries
Weapons: Unarmed
Designation: Rifleman
Location: Rhode Island (formerly Mississippi)

Re: Drifting

Post by Kellser, M.R. » Jul 01, 2013, 11:22 AM

Kellser shrugged at Taggert's question. "I don't know exact numbers, but it's enough to turn an average sized planet into-"

He was cut off by the sudden blaring of loud klaxons. The loudspeakers came alive with another warning: "Attention. Fire in Cargo Hold. Atmosphere venting. All personnel evacuate immediately. Elevators disabled."

"Oh shit," Kellser said. He certainly couldn't see any fire, nor did he smell any smoke, which made him think one thing: the U.P.P. soldiers were venting the atmosphere to flush them out. Considering there was only one way out now that the elevators had been disabled, and as much as Kellser hated to admit it, but it looked like it was going to work. "Come on, let's go," he said before hurrying to the door to the crew bunks. "Stow your weapon, if they're on the other side of this door I don't wanna give them a reason to shoot first and ask questions later," he added as he reached the door and tried to open it.

Cohen, J
Gamemaster
Posts: 75
Joined: Jul 16, 2011, 11:40 AM
Rank: Corporal
Status: Healthy
Billet: None
Injuries: No injuries
Weapons: Unarmed
Designation: CommTech

Re: Drifting

Post by Cohen, J » Jul 02, 2013, 9:23 PM

GM

The Marine and Synthetic sprinted forward into the sublight crew bunks, the air quickly getting thinner and thinner. The door opened with plenty of time to spare, and the two quickly checked the gym/rec room that they'd stumbled into. The equipment was still as they'd left it before going into hypersleep, and the great windows that stared out into the void were open.

Docked alongside of the Omaha was another Conestoga class vessel. Covered in pockmarks, carbon scoring, and hodge-podge welding, the name of the vessel was apparently the Potkemin. It looked like an older variant of Conestoga, and as the two stared carefully at the ship's hull, a faded, stenciled name was barely visible underneath the damage and shoddy repair job.

The ship's original name was apparently the USS Sulaco.
Omega Company Longtime Veteran (since 2005)

Everyone's Favorite Tranny She-male thing!

User avatar
Kellser, M.R.
Global Moderator
Posts: 44
Joined: Jun 26, 2011, 9:51 PM
Rank: Corporal
Status: Healthy
Billet: None
Injuries: No injuries
Weapons: Unarmed
Designation: Rifleman
Location: Rhode Island (formerly Mississippi)

Re: Drifting

Post by Kellser, M.R. » Jul 05, 2013, 1:02 PM

Kellser and Taggert made it through the door without incident, the door closing behind them. Kellser looked around the room and was surprised to see no U.P.P. soldiers waiting with weapons drawn to nab whoever came out of the cargo hold to escape the atmosphere venting. He let out a sigh of relief and looked about the gym and recreational section of the crew bunks they'd entered, his gaze coming across the open windows to the outside of the ship.

What he saw gave him pause: a ragtag, heavily repaired and repurposed Conestoga class ship. "What the hell?" he muttered as he walked to the glass. He'd heard of the U.P.P. repurposing vessels, but never a Colonial Marine ship of that size. He examined the ship's outer hull from his position at the window and was once again halted by what he saw: the ship's original name, barely visible in stenciled writing.

USS SULACO

Everyone had heard of the Sulaco. It was a basic element of extra-terrestrial knowledge learned during training, especially when learning how to fight E.Ts. It was the ship whose Marine contingent made the first recorded contact with xenomorphs.

After taking a few moments to process this, he finally came to the conclusion that he really needed to contact Cohen, or whoever else with a higher rank had woken up. He turned to Taggert and pointed to the other exit. "Watch that door, I'm gonna try and get ahold of Cohen." With that said, he approached the intercom fixed to one of the room's walls and opened a line to the cryo pod bay he'd woken up in less than an hour ago.

"This is Kellser, does anyone read me? Corporal Cohen, anyone, are you still there?"

Cohen, J
Gamemaster
Posts: 75
Joined: Jul 16, 2011, 11:40 AM
Rank: Corporal
Status: Healthy
Billet: None
Injuries: No injuries
Weapons: Unarmed
Designation: CommTech

Re: Drifting

Post by Cohen, J » Jul 08, 2013, 6:17 PM

GM

The line was silent for a time, and after a few tense seconds, the line relayed the sounds of gunfire. The deep, throaty bark of of a smartgun resounded over the comm, before silence returned in the gym.

The sounds of the elevator at the far end of the crew bunks signalled that the two UPP personell from before were moving up. Towards the cryo chambers.
Omega Company Longtime Veteran (since 2005)

Everyone's Favorite Tranny She-male thing!

User avatar
Kellser, M.R.
Global Moderator
Posts: 44
Joined: Jun 26, 2011, 9:51 PM
Rank: Corporal
Status: Healthy
Billet: None
Injuries: No injuries
Weapons: Unarmed
Designation: Rifleman
Location: Rhode Island (formerly Mississippi)

Re: Drifting

Post by Kellser, M.R. » Jul 20, 2013, 2:56 PM

Kellser listened to the sounds of combat emanating from the intercom and couldn't help but set his jaw. Much as he'd hoped to avoid bloodshed and whatever fallout resulted from it, it seemed the time for that chance was past. Now all he could do was help his people fight the invaders off.

The sound of the far elevator drew his attention, and direction of it told him the elevator was going up. If he had to venture a guess, Matt would bet the two U.P.P. marines from earlier were going up to join the fray in the cryo pod bay.

"Shit," he said before turning to Taggert. "We need to get back up there. There should be a service ladder nearby or something, you're on point. That hand cannon's got more of a punch than this thing. Let's go."

Cohen, J
Gamemaster
Posts: 75
Joined: Jul 16, 2011, 11:40 AM
Rank: Corporal
Status: Healthy
Billet: None
Injuries: No injuries
Weapons: Unarmed
Designation: CommTech

Re: Drifting

Post by Cohen, J » Jul 22, 2013, 11:34 AM

(OOC: I will take control of that character until Jedi returns, for the sake of progress)

GM

Wordlessly nodding, the synth searched the room, eventually the emergency hatch and popping it open. As the two began to ascend the ladder, an announcement began blaring over the PA system as alarms began to sound.

"Attention. Fire detected aboard the ship's magazine and armory. Preparing cryo tubes for EEV ejection. All personnel proceed to EEVs immediately"

The closest route to the EEVs would be down through the Hangar, which is where the other advance team had gone.
Omega Company Longtime Veteran (since 2005)

Everyone's Favorite Tranny She-male thing!

User avatar
Kellser, M.R.
Global Moderator
Posts: 44
Joined: Jun 26, 2011, 9:51 PM
Rank: Corporal
Status: Healthy
Billet: None
Injuries: No injuries
Weapons: Unarmed
Designation: Rifleman
Location: Rhode Island (formerly Mississippi)

Re: Drifting

Post by Kellser, M.R. » Aug 02, 2013, 5:29 PM

The latest unfortunate development that came from P.A. system made Kellser freeze in his place on the ladder and utter a mental curse. If a fire had been detected in the magazine, and the ship was announcing an EEV evac, that meant the fire control systems weren't able to deal with it. That meant they had an invisible timer counting down until the ship's ordnance -- all of the ship's ordnance -- was ignited and turned the vessel into a bomb.

And now Kellser had a choice to make: going down to try and get to the EEVs, or going up and pushing on ahead to help his fellow Marines. Doing the former almost seemed like abandoning his unit, but the constant gunfire Kellser had heard over the intercom meant that the Marines in the cryo pod bay had found weapons somewhere to fight back with. They had a chance to fight their way out, especially now that the invisible countdown of doom had been announced. The U.P.P. marines would probably be more interested in getting off the ship than fighting a bunch of holdout jarheads. If that were the case, the awakened Bad Company members would probably be gone and already on their way to the EEVs by the time Kellser and Taggert reached the pod bay. All that would accomplish would be getting himself and his comrade killed.

That would be presuming the others could get away to the EEVs. Kellser swore again, this time aloud. So many unknowns, so many variables.

Finally, Kellser reached a decision and looked up. "Come on, we need to get down to the EEVs. The boarders are gonna be trying to get off the ship before the ammo blows, so they won't be putting much pressure on our guys. We need to keep our rides outta here secure when they get there, let's go."

Post Reply