- A database of our assembled universe including guides and handbooks, listings of weapons, vehicles and equipment, detailed ship and planetary maps, a history of the game's notable missions or campaigns, and friends and enemies alike
- Linked accounts:
- Multiple characters linked to a single forum account — log in with one username, post as any of your characters
- A built-in approval queue for character submissions
- A full-fledged character builder and manager on the user control panel, including a random name generator, automatic imperial-metric conversions, and drafts of unfinished characters
- Dynamic, automatically-updated rosters
- A new awards system with OOC badges for players and IC ribbons for characters, easily added or removed through a control panel
- -SpacePilot4k: Removed entirely and replaced with SpacePilotX
- And otherwise:
- Assorted tune-ups to the forum and its layout, including (but not limited to) a better-integrated chatroom with user-specific options
- An upgrade to phpbb 3.0.9 (just before 3.1 is released, I expect)
- Properly-themed server error pages instead of the default "we couldn't find the file -- hell, we couldn't even find an error message" page
- Anti-hotlinking, and other such wonders
So, please let me know before then who your characters are and what you want to be called. It isn't necessary but it makes it a bit easier on me and guarantees you won't lose a character.
Well, that and it guarantees that you won't end up with a name of my choosing. Because if you do, it will be wacky. Exceedingly wacky. And you will change it immediately.